Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mountain Dew

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, May 19, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

As a Mt.Dew/Dr.Pepper purist... I've got to say this stuff is rocks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Just tastes like regular orange soda to me. I still like the original.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I don't trust different flavored pops... Pepsi blue, gross. Code Red, disgusting. that new Sprite, horrible.

Same with Oreos... the only different flavor they've made that's alright is Uh Oh Oreos... But those are pretty much the same, just the flavors were swapped between the cookie and the cream.

In fact, I think I'm about sick of just about every company there is. Nothing is original anymore, and what IS original is disgusting. Must we bring back the Hemi? Can't we let the shaker engine die? Why bring back whatever old car Chevy is bringing back (I'm sure they will if they haven't already)? They're COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS... CHANGE THE NAME FOR PETE'S SAKE...

whew... I'm trying to get all my annoyances and frustrations out before I go to bed, don't want to go to work all pissed off about cookies and bad ebayers and cars /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Must we bring back the Hemi?

[/ QUOTE ] If you'd ever driven a old Chrysler mussel car with a 426 Hemi, you wouldn't ask that question. My father had a 68 Plym. GTX with a built 426 Hemi. Probley the meanest car I've ever been in.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Most street cars were better off with the Wedge motors anyway.

Chevy has disgraced names like Malibu and Monte Carlo. It makes me sick that they'll put the Monte Carlo name on those new, FWD pieces of crap.

I agree, get a new name for this stuff. Don't disgrace the old name. That new Hemi couldn't even think about touching the old one. 350 CID Hemi? That went out in the '50s.

6. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

Who's bright idea was it to drop the F bodies? That guy should be shot.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    That new Hemi couldn't even think about touching the old one. 350 CID Hemi? That went out in the '50s.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't know anything about the new Hemi, but if it's just a 350cid engine, it'd be a waste. What kind of torque does it puts out ???

8. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

345hp/375lbs, its actually only 345ci thats rated on regular unlead fuel. There is a 6.1 liter hemi coming out next year to repalce the v10. I think its a worthy engine, it comes in front of a 5speed auto tranny as well. Chrysler plans on putting it in a version of the 300 in the future.

9. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

im a mt dew loyalist too. but i like the diet mt dews, they taste better to me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

aren't most modern engines hemi's anyways? I thought the neon engine was a hemi?

11. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Most modern engines have wedge shaped combustion chambers. The idea of a Hemispherical head is that of a domed combustion chamber with the spark plug at the highest peak of the dome, this causes even combustion of the gases. In a wedge head the conbustion starts at the narrower part of the wedge and travels upward. this is the best i can expalin it. If anyone else has more to add/ correct please feel free. I didnt mention valve placement or anything like that but, but thats why hemis have such wide heads.

12. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Holy Hi-Jack Batmen.....Bubba would be proud /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Im a Pepsi guy myself but Dew is a close second /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

the new HEMI's are so over rated too, if that thing puts out 345hp/370ft-lbs i'll kiss your ass, saying this b/c I race one in my dads gmc w/ the stock 6.0L and killed it by about 2 truck lengths.

15. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

YEA but so what Pepsi is a great drink /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

mt dew is better!!!!!!

17. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    mt dew is better!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Only if you like drinking bear piss /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I like Guinness.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifGreat breakfast drink..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

dr. pepper is way better. specially when laced with jack daniels. tastes even better. lol. tea and vodka is good but ya can't taste the vodka no matter how much ya put. works really well. don't eat any wierd stuff as that might gross you out later. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

jacob

20. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

Mountain dew is good with Captain Morgan. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifTastes just like cream soda. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif