Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MountainExplorer (& Washington folk): (Warning: large pics inside)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 7, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You guys know where these trains are?

I took these pics when I was in WA in I think '99 or 2000. I think we photo'd them on the way up or back from Mt.Rainier or snoqualmie (sp?) falls. We were staying around Puyallup, so wherever these were, they couldn't be that far from there. My "tour guides" (grandparent in laws) didn't know the story behind them. I'm curious why dozens of locomotives seem to be abandoned...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anybody know thier history? My son found these pics and is a train fanatic, so my interest is peaked again.

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

steam train graveyard in Snoqualmie, Washington

Railroad Community Park-

Set in the heart of Historic Snoqualmie next to the Snoqualmie Valley Railroad Museum, This 4 acre park is a prime stop when visiting City’s shops and café’s. Railroad Park is the site of the 420-year-old growth Douglas fir log sheltered underneath a preserved Weyerhaeuser Mill building. Along with the log there is a covered picnic kiosk, gazebo and rose and “Millennium” gardens.

3. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I dig steam locos. Any one into model trains ?

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I havent been there. But a couple friends of mine went over to Puyallup last Summer, and videotaped driving by all those, so I saw them on the video before. I didn't know the history.

5. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

That is AWESOME!!! I love old trains! Growing up I used to have a huge HO scale train set. I still have some of my favorite steam locomotives from it. I wish I had the space to set one up again!

Kris