Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mounted

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Best spot was in the trunk. Here's my CD Changer mounted. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Out of the way, and I can change the magizine easily.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have too say, I really like Clarion's CeNET system. It is a true plug and play system. No power wire or ground wire. It's a simple cable plug in. My headunit automaticly detects ant new CeNet component and resets itself for it's useage. Nothing could be easier too install. Hardest part of the install was deciding where too mount the CD Changer. Once I decided on the spot, it was nothing but zipping a couple screws down, and pluging the CeNET cable in.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Looks good, it's out of the way so it won't get beat up. Does it play MP3's? I am wanting to get a changer that plays mp3's and connects through the FM radio. It would be cool to have an aftermarket plug-n-play deck like what you have, but I want to keep my factory stereo.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yes, plays MP3's, but it not one of those that you tune your radio too a certin channel.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

"trunk":haha: :bow: I'm not sure that the area left qualifies as a trunk, more like a "sound chamber". CD player looks great.

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Ya, I know your head unit is the controller. I was just wonding how well the mp3 playback was? Does it ever skip on bumpy roads while playing mp3's? Just wondering before I buy one...

8. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Stay away from FM modulated CD players, unless fidelity means nothing to you. Id almost rather listen to vinyl records. lol

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Does it sound worse than FM? If it's close to the sound of FM, it would be ok for me.

10. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

That's what it is. You will notice a difference going from it to an in-dash CD player (or non-modulated type changer). I guess Im just spoiled, I prefer the 24/7 fidelity of using a cable over the one-time convenience of setting up the FM modulated type. But then, you want to keep your stock head, so that makes more sense (unless you ever plan to upgrade the head).

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It sounds just like playing a CD with the in dash CD player. (Don't know how the ones through a FM radio sound though) Mine uses a cable from the CD changer to the Sirius unit, to the headunit. Everything is controled by and displayed on the headunit. I really like not having any extra units on the dash. I can controle everything with the remote. Speaking of the remote, I'm going too get one of those thin credit card size remotes for my car stereo. I'm not a fan of the big bulky remotes. Local car stereo shop (Clarion dealer) has the credit card size remote for $35.00.

12. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

He was asking about the FM modulated type, which limits frequency range to that which FM allows (truncates some of the material).

I love the creditcard remote I have for my Clarion head, way better than the ones I have for my Alpines.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My JVC KD-LX50 had a credit card size remote. It was so easy too use. The remote that came with my Clarion DXZ945MP is big and blulky. It just doesn't feel right in my hand. I guess I can afford another $35.00 for the credit card size remote. I'll get one with in the next couple of weeks. (Next time I go to the car stereo shop.)