Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mounting 700r4 to 203/205 doubler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryanstrucking, Apr 13, 2005.

1. ryanstrucking

ryanstrucking 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just picked up my doubler and was in the process of installing when I came across a problem. I can't get my 203 to mount up against the 700r.
    the splines are the same, and I have the 350t mount on the back of the tranny but the 203 is bottoming out 1"-1.5" from mounting to the adapter plate.
    Wondering if anyone on here has done anything similar and if so, what did you do to make it work?
    Any suggestions or help would be awsome.
    Regards
    Ryan

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

you will need either a new output shaft from advanced adapters or you will need to get a spacer that goes inbetween the tranny and the adaptor. The spacer will be chaeper but with a doubler you would be better off to use the short shaft. But for the shaft to be put in you need to take the tranny apart.

3. originalspanksta

originalspanksta 1/2 ton status

yeah, what he said.

Further clarification: 700 and 350 outputs are the same spline, but the 350 shaft is like an 1 1/8 inches shorter ( i think)

I've heard of people cutting the excess length off the stock 700 shaft, but i dont thing i'd try that myself.

Also: the advance adapters shaft has several upgrades as far as oiling holes and strength that eliminate most of the problems people have with weak 700's

4. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Third the first answer and second the second the shaft is only about $150 and I had mine put in for about $60. There is no problem with running the spacer just makes the whole set up longer. You can cut the spines off but from what was able to find out when I was doing mine its a real pain thats why I went with a new shaft. I think the spacer is about the same price as a new shaft also.

5. ryanstrucking

ryanstrucking 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks for the input guys.
    Looks like I'll be pulling the tranny now to replace the output sfaft as I don't have the room to ad the spacer.
    regards
    Ryan