Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mounting an antenna, 84 full size blazer, advice requested.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben Malinski, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

My truck came with no windshield or fender mount antenna. I picked one up and will mount it on the fender. My question; do I need to remove the passenger side fender to gain access for mounting? I see behind/below the hood spring is a small opening but where do I run the wire into the cab from? Anyone done this before? Thanks!

I don't know the secret to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone!

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Are you sure a previous owner just didn't cheap out and replace his windshield with the non-antenna one? If there's no fender antenna then I'll bet you truck originally came with the antenna built into the windshield...........

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>

3. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I agree with CanmoreK5, see if the antenna plug is in the dash. If it is get a replacement windsheild from the junk yark it takes less than 1 min to pull a k5 windsheild and about 30-45 min to put it back in

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

4. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I replaced my windsheild with a non antenna one (I was getting crappy reception with it, not to mention the windsheild was crap) and I drilled through the cowl/ body and poked a hole through the dash and put the wire through to my radio

<a target="_blank" href=http://billybob87k5.50megs.com>Homepage of Porky & Stinky</a>
    ".. Sanatarium.. leave me be..."

5. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Go to your Chevy/GMC dealer, they have a really nice one that fits on the curvature of your Rt. fender. Works 100% better than the windshield one too.

1 ton '87 Chevy SWB in the making!