Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mounting beadlocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Mar 13, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Who's done thir own an who had a shop do it?
    how much was it for the shopto o it and how long did it take for you to do it if ya did it yourself(or a friend or two)

One tire place will not touch a beadlock. the other one wants $100 to do em. (can be done while I'm at work so it doesn't cost me time)

2. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I just mounted mine on Thursday and without really knowing what I was doing it turned out to be an easy job. The weight of the tire pulled itself over the inner ring and when I put the outer ring on and started a few bolts it pretty much centered itself up.

It took me over an hour to do the first one because I had to figure what was going on but once that one was out of the way I did the next 3 in about and hour and a half. About the only thing I would have done different was to have somebody help me lift the tire up onto the rim and save my back a little but that’s the only thing that was kinda hard about the whole thing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

...and they hold air

[​IMG]

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Get yourself a tall heavy duty bucket or something of that shape to set the tire on. preferably heavier so the tire won't tip it over so easy. Set the wheel on it and lube up the weld ring and rim edge I like to used dish soap for this. Your buddy and you can now lift the tire up and slide it easily over the rim. Push it as far onto the inner bead as you can. Now lay the bolt ring in place and put 4 long threaded 3/8" bolts in on the compass points and very lightly snug them down. Now go around with a big rubber hammer and beat the tire till it is even all the way around. Usually there is some rubber ring or something to gauge this by. Then put in your permanent bolts on each side of the long bolts and snug them down and just keep doing that until all the bolt holes are filled. Go back and take out the 4 temporary bolts and put in the last 4 permanents. Now start torqueing the bolts. And torqueing the bolts and torqueing and so on and so on.

Have fun.

4. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

go to the tech article forum. there is an article on how i mounted my trailready's..

5. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I did some pictures and descriptions a long time ago on my webshots site. The pictures list the imfo. Hope this also helps.
    Chicky - - TR Beadlock mounting
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif It's cake...