Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mounting wheels on trail ready bead locks...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Nov 24, 2006.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Hey guys I am picking up my trail readys today and was wondering who new the torque specs and mounting procedures for these wheels. I am buying them second hand so of course i don't have any type of instructions or anything.....

Anyone know of a write up or anything? I know there is a science to torque the outer ring down.

42's here we come:p:

Thanks,

2. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

After much time spent with beadlocks

There is no real science to them.

You will need 4 long bolts ~2", 4 medium bolts ~1.5" and the final length bolts, whatever length they are.

Use the longs to get the things started till the mediums fit then the mediums till the regular length fit and then just start working them in. Once all bolts are in (that is the hard part) just go around the wheel like 4 times getting the bolts snug tight. Add air come back in a few days and see if they have leaked down, if so tighten some more.

My TR beadlocks take about a month to go flat starting at 6-8 psi.

They will leak, you will not stop it. If they don't leak now go wheeling a few times and then they will leak.
    Tight6en the bolts as needed, I do mine twice a year but I don't get out that often. You may need to check them every few trips.

The bolts will always be loose somewhat everytime you check them.

Good luck.

Call me if you need to.

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks Brandon!