Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mouse turds in my engine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Robert79K5, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

Okay guys I got this ole beater I use on the farm thats an s10 body on k5 running gear. Well the engine looks like the previous owner got it out of a creek somewhere but it runs good... even with 5 psi oil pressure at 3000 rpm...... Well it runs good untill I rob the carb off it and let her sit in a field for two months. But hey its a beater not my beloved Blazer so I don't feel too guilty.

Anyways I go yesterday to stick a carb back on and when I pop the hood I find mouse turds all in the intake manifold. ?????
    I really have no idea why a mouse wants to hang out in a chevy intake manifold. Maby hes just hanging his butt over the side of the intake and poopin in my manifold when he has to go. I guess hes a Ford guy.

So im sure a lot of you have heard the old hot rodders trick about dropping dried rice down the intake of a revving motor to knock the carbon off of the valves right? Weeeeeeeellllllll.... do ya think mouse turds would do the same thing or do ya think they might develop their own deposits? I got cherry bombs on there so other than gettin squished in the valves I would think they would just get shot out of the exhaust. Hopefully they won't be flaming... Id hate to catch my dern field on fire with little mouse turd fireballs.

So whatcha think? go for it and give a full blown tech report, vacuum them out or just get naked and run around the truck?

Maby I should make a poll...

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would imagine there is a nest or two in there as well! :rolleyes:

3. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

Nope... Checked it real good.... Hence my theory that hes just going there to poop.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Real mouse motor then!!!:laugh:

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Install a carb and fire that chit up.

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

no doubt. fire in the hole! even if the mouse is still in there, the engine will grind him up in little pieces and spit him out. no big deal.

7. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

we had a mouse to get into our s10 blazer and chewed a chit load of wires. the truck didn't just sit there because it was a DD. they also chewed a big hole in the washer reservoir and stored dog food all in the nooks and crannies. :doah:

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Light him up. :D

9. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

10. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

pull the plugs and look in first. i had one stored and thay filled up ever cylnder thay cood with corn and wheat . :mad:

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Shop vac the intake .

Or some starter fluid and a long barbeque lighter beforehand ....... and take pics on the way to the ER :D

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Bad news...

Most of the engines we found mice had lived in at the junkyard didn't run long after they were reassembled or sold..the mice pissed in the intake,and the urine is caustic--it attacked the pistons and ate the aluminum! :eek1: --a few motors we got running that were mouse infested dropped the intake valve heads into the cylinders due to corrosion on the valve stems, from the urine and Ka Ka the mice left behind,after they ran awhile!..so dont be suprised if yours doesn't last long once you fire it up again.. :doah: :crazy:

I had a 71 K5 I didn't drive too often--one day I started it up,and after a few minites I heard a whistling noise!--I shut it off,got out,and looked all my tires over--it sounded like air leaking from a puncture!--I traced it to under the hood--where I found several newborn mice squealing behind the carb ,just before the distributor! :eek1: --they looked like pink grubs,about 1" long!--they were being roasted alive on the intake!...I tried to save them by picking them up with needle nose pliers,and put them in a tin can--but a few minites later,I saw one of the stray cats we have hanging around having a snack :doah: --R.I.P. mice! :( :crazy: