Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moved, start school on monday, lots of pics inside

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Dec 31, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I meant to post a few days ago and say I was moving but got lost in all I was doing. I spent most of the passed week on Long Island visiting Tshy as she moved up there with her dad. But that is another post. Wednesday I moved on out to Blairsville PA. About 300 miles and 5 hours from my previous home in Eastern PA. Spent yesterday and today settling my stuff in place, stocking the kitchen, and making sure I had all the cleaning and supplies I need to live here. First time I've lived anywhere but my old house. Spent 19 years in that house now I've got my own for a year. I have a roommate who should be arriving soon but he has a room upstairs, I have the only downstairs one and already called my cabinets in the kitchen and such. My area is dead. Small town in a coal mining area. Nearest civilization is Indiana PA, home of Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Latrobe isn't far(home of Rolling Rock beer), and Greensburg is a little city near Latrobe where there is actually a mall and some shopping stuff, beyond a WalMart. Pittsburgh isn't very far, about as far as I was from Philadelphia back home. All in all I think it should be good.

And in case you don't know I am attending WyoTech. They have a campus in this sleepy little town. I will go get a picture of the campus with the Nuclear Power plant background later today. My first 3 months of class will be Business Management which I will walk out of with an Associates degree in the subject afterwards. Next 6 months is general auto tech. Then the last 3 will be Chassis Fabrication and High Performance Engines. In wich I will be building a SFA 1 ton S10 :).

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

The house with Rt. 22 right behind it. The road to the left is a busy one for quarry trucks and aside that road is cargo train tracks :rotfl:
    [​IMG]

Kitchen-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My room-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    you can see all the stuffed animals I have recieved from Tshy in this next picture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    before you ask, the bottom shelf has 2 hedgehog books, a book from Tshy called "7 Tattoos" and a section from Tattoo Magazine.
    [​IMG]

My transportation that I was amazed made the 5 hour drive with no issue-
    [​IMG]

And Ruby's new cage/home. It is about 1.5 feet taller than it needs to be for a hedgehog but I didn't have time to cut it down before we left. She has spent most of her time walking the perimeter looking for the way out.
    [​IMG]

I forgot to get a picture of the tire tracks in my yard when we arrived. I will get a picture of my landlord's rig when he shows up sometime today. Its a fairly new Police Interceptor Excursion with a 7.3 Powerstroke, 8" of lift and 37x14.50x17 Toyo Open Countrys on really nice rims. All Black, I must admit its sharp.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice little place sled dog,
    the incline drive might be a llittle hard to wrok on your rig , hell its beater then my NO driveway. so NICE.

that learning sounds fun, let us know how it goes

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah the landlord just had a buddy of his come and dig the driveway down a little then fill it with stone. It was too short for my burb before :). Hopefully I don't have to work on the burb. As of right now it needs a headlight and the one side pipe is loose.

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Good luck to you Sled. Thats great that you have motivation and are take'n charge of your life, going to school and what not. It takes alot of courage to not only move out of home, but to move 300 miles away. Also sounds like your going to be have'n a blast learning engine build up and fab work. Have fun....oh and sweet pad...wish my 1st was a house.:waytogo:

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

are those pics on your website? For some reason they aren't showing up for me. There is just a big blank space!!

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

n/m I see them now. Weird.
    Nice place! Good job, and keep us posted how Wyotech is for you!
    :):):):):):):):)

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

website went down for a bit today.

9. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

yeah thats a nice look pad you got there. I can totally relate to you man, I just moved out to go to college this past august and man it took moving alot of stuff, half of which was tools, haha. Yeah I definitely love being on my own though, wouldnt trade it for the world. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do, I would invite you over for a beer, but it would be more like a beer and an airplane ride. Anywho happy new years and have fun in your new place.

Remington

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

11. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

you had better be careful; i think that ford has a look of lust in its headlights looking at your burb :D

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hell what kind of cross breed would that be??????

hell i say chain them togeather and tug it out!! :rotfl:

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

8" of lift and it's only that tall?

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it may be 6" I forgot to ask. It looks shorter thanks to the side steps. As for hooking up and tugging it out, I'm sorry my Burb would break down crying before I even let the clutch fly. 7.3 Powerstroke with full floater rear and nice wide tires vs my very mild 355 with a decent but not great clutch, I think I'm starting to cry at the thought, ha. It would sound sweet with my motor tacking out and his doing the same.

15. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Let me know how you like it. My buddy goes to the one in Sac. We were supposed to go togehter, but he decided not to wait for me, because im in school now, working on my AS degree. Whatever. So I most likely wont be going now.

16. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

excelent choice of a school!!! thats the place i would go if i could go to school right now. maybe someday.... wyo-tech rocks!!!!!

17. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Congrats on your new pad and good luck at Wyotec :waytogo:

18. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Our landlord has the same damn truck!! Bigger lift though.