Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Movin to Colorado...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5 NUTT, May 15, 2002.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well we are leavin for grand junction co. on friday morning ...lock stock and barrel...including both K5's...lol. Gonna miss the Az. gang...couldn't wheel with a nicer bunch...i mean who else would drop everything to help a fellow CK5 member busted out on a trail at 9pm on saturday...hope to see the gang again in august for the big blazer bash in Moab!!! Looks like unless someone lives in Moab i will have the shortest drive.....lol.

Azblazer

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Good Luck Doug....

Had a lot of fun! Hope to see you in Moab!

Marv

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Rock on Doug! Congrats to you and the expectant mother............let us know when you get there all safe and sound. Arizona's loss is Colorado's gain.

And you being that close to Moab sucks.........../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Congrats! Send a PM if you have any plans to visit the front range side of Colorado. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. Chalet 170

Chalet 170 Registered Member

Doug,

Congrats. I lived in Colorado Springs for 5 yrs. Did a lot of hunting in an area called sergents. On Hwy 50 close to Grand Junction. You are going to love it.

Doug

6. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Later bubba have fun in Colorado.

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Beautiful state in the summer. Horrible in the winter...they get all that white stuff. LOL
    Good luck with everything.

8. topless1tonk5

topless1tonk5 Registered Member

i am native co. i live up in pine. beautiful all summer and 55-65 and sunny all winter, (is'nt like it used to be!)

9. smartpatrol

smartpatrol Registered Member

Just try not to get run over by the rush of californiaians migrating here. Gotta take a trip over the mountain to visit us in the denver area.

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Better you than me. Four months of that state was all I could handel, overpriced and rude attitudes (not everyone)

11. smartpatrol

smartpatrol Registered Member

We only treat people from california like that /forums/images/icons/wink.gif No really i agree people here in the big cities are rude i drive with the dumbasses on a daily basis been talking about moving to texas..but whats to 4 wheel there?

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Actually I met some real cool people there and maybe some of the rude people were not origanaly from there. The one thing I thougt was funny was how people there complaind about the traffic, LOL. Try the traffic in California!

13. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

there are tons of places to wheel in Texas and we always welcome new K5'ers!
    Justin

14. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

First of all welcome to Colorado, glad to have you here. Most of us are friendly in response to the "people are rude" post. There are gonna be rude people no matter where you go.
    Now you have to figure out if you want California or Texas plates for your vehicles. Seems like it is all you see here in Colorado so my guess is that is what they issue when you go get your new plates at the DMV. Hopefully they give you a choice.

John

15. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Well...made it to colorado with out a hitch. Sure is pretty country. Found 21 road allready and a stuck K5 by accident yesterday...just so happened to be a fellow CK5 member...Sagechicken....got to use my winch twice....lol. Seen a couple 1rst gen K5's allready and a bunch of 2nd gen's...but no CK5 stickers....where's everybody at? New cell number is 970-250-3800.

Azblazer

16. sagechicken

sagechicken Registered Member

Thanks AZBLAZER for the help yesterday! Just to let everone know, I had stuck my 81 K5. My boss highcentered his 2001 Siverado HD trying to get back to my truck. Another trip into town to get my Ford F250 with a 8000 Warn multi mount. I fried the positve cable on the battery and melted a hole in my brand new battery. Thanks again AZBLAZER, I look forward to hitting the trails this summer.

17. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Congrats Doug, glad you made it and all is well..............and you already did your boy scout good deed of the day.

18. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Glad you made it ok. Good luck on the rest of it...!

19. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Doug,

Glad to hear you made it ok. Some local friends are wanting to take a Colorado Trip this summer sometime. I will keep you posted when we plan the trip.

Later,

Neil