Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moving: 3 vehicles only 2 drivers..help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Dec 30, 2004.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

As some of you know, we are moving to NC next month and we have a small problem. I will be driving the Suburban pulling my Blazer on the trailer. That still leaves the Jeep and the wifes Miata. She has never towed another vehicle and doesn't want to..plus I just don't think it's a good idea :deal:
    So now I either have to find someone to drive the Jeep or make a second trip back here to get it. It's about a 10 hour drive (620 miles).

Anyone happen to be driving from PA, MD, NJ oe DE towards Asheville, North Carolina about 19 Jan???

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

towing a miata should not be a problem. I'd use a car dolly and just drive speed limits(ouch).

3. big pappa b

That will be the worst case scenario. U-haul want $177 to rent a tow dolly...bastards. It would be cheaper for me to get my dad here and let him drive a vehicle for me and then drive him home

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

So you're thinking about towing the Miata with the Jeep? That doesn't sound bad. MAybe let you wife tow something before then to see how she'll feel. What about coaxing a buddy to tow the other stuff and then fly back?

If you dont want to tow the Miata with the Jeep, rent large uhaul box truck. Then stick the Miata in the back from a loading dock and tow the jeep with the Uhaul! :thumb:

Ashville looks like a sweet place with all the hiking and white water aroudn there!

5. big pappa b

Well that would still leave the wife driving a big truck. I was hard enough to get her to drive my jeep cherokee while I was working on her car :crazy: I think the only thing she has ever drove since 1992 has been her Miata.
    Best case scenario is someone was already heading that way and needed a ride. Then they get a free ride and I get a free driver. I doubt that will happen though

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ya, it was just a suggestion. And it would be cool to have a miata in the box truck. LOL :)

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

HAHA ya thats what i did with the mini when i came out here from OK, i threw it in the back of a u haul, pretty cool

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Try posting flyers at a local college or even a post on Craigslist. I'm sure that you could find someone that would take a free ride to NC.