Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moving axle rearward with offset pin

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Butch, Dec 9, 2000.

1. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Has anybody used an offset pin in the rear to move the rear axle 1" back from its present location? Would it be better do drill a new hole in the pads on the axle? I always catch the front of my wheelwell when it flexes.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I had this problem when I put on my 36" TSLs since I only have a 4" lift. One day I was holding my Sawzall and it sudenly came on and the blade made contact with my fender now my tires dont hit anymore [​IMG]. I think this is a lot easier than moving the axle foward, and people dont know my fenders are cut until I show them.

3. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I have my fronts cut, I am talking about the rear axle. It catches the front lip of the wheel well. The 1" would also help with driveshaft length when I install my doubler.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

4. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

if you move the pin location on either the springs or the perch you will also be rotating the pinion downward!!!my pin is in the exaxt center of the springs but if i move it either way it will rotate the pinion severly one way or the other,but i also have 8"'s of lift too...if you have an add a leaf or something it might not be that bad...

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]