Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moving Body backwards...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 27, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay I was thinking about eventually moving the body backwards on the blazer to get the weight closer to the rear for added traction in the mud. [Note: I also asked a question simular to this in the "center of gravity" forum]
    My question is, what will I have to take into account when I move the body back. I know I will have to move the motor with it to keep everything running, and I will have the radiator in the back. Is there anything else? I will also bob the bed even with the frame so it doesn't over hang after moving it back. Help and answers would be great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Don't expect pics because this will be down the road along time /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I just like planning ahead with things like this /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

I'd think it would be a WHOLE lot easier to move the axles forward, rather than the body backwards. You're achieving basically the same thing since you're moving pretty much everything else with the body. Even chopping the frame some. Just relocate the spring mounts 8-12" ahead of where they are, chop the fenders, make new driveshafts, and you're rockin.