Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

moving d60 forward???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rubbinz raczn, Mar 15, 2005.

1. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

i am sorting out my front suspension before calling it good and making it permanent. i did the 52" front swap moving rear front shackle mounts forward also. question is i have a set of 56" springs that i am considering throwing on! i would move front hangers forward 3"-4" which would put my front axle 5"-6" forward from stock. at what point will i start running into problems with the steering box in the stock location? thanks

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

depends on what tires your gonna be running.....

3. rubbinz raczn

39.5 iroks!:D

4. rubbinz raczn

ttt anyone:dunno:

5. Silver84k5

ill look at my truck when i get home and come back with an opinion, if anyone else hasnt answered by then.

6. rubbinz raczn

so i guess no one has done this by the no replies? i guess i will venture over to pirate and see if they can help :whistle:

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good question... I'd have to look at my current set up to hazard a guess. I'll post when I have a chance to do so. Personally, 3" of axle relocation and the right bumper design is good for almost a 90 degree approach angle, so thats enough for me. If I wanted more, I'd prolly just 3-link/full-hydro it and get it over with.

j

8. Silver84k5

i just went out and looked at mine., I have 39.5 TSL in front, and axle is 2 inches forward. With a semi educated guess, Id say you will be getting Close to your steering box, Maybe minor rubbing.. But arent Iroks a little narrower then the TSL's?

You can always adjust your steering stops, and lose a little turning radius.. I personally wouldnt worry about minor rubbing...

Also the backspacing of your rim will be playing a role on this aswell....

Let me know what you find out, im going to be moving my axle forward more aswell.

9. rubbinz raczn

never thought about steering box clearence issues! i was thinking more about steering geometry trouble? my rims are 4.25" backspace guess i gotta do some measuring, got my d60 back from the shop today so that will help thanks:D

10. Silver84k5

as long as you have crossover. the geometry shouldnt be a problem.. Just draglink adjusting... I could be wrong, Guess we will find out heh.. Ill let you find out first then you tell me lol.... good luck.

11. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

I'm 4.5" foreward, 52s and redrilled perches. 42s on 10" 4 1/4" bs wheels. Tires rub on box occasionally, while flexed, not static, no problem, I just have seen where they have rubbed some paint off the box. It's foreward of where the hydro assist fittings are if your drilled.