Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moving fairly soon.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Looks like I may be moving back to the Omaha area pretty soon. I share a trailer house with my mother here in Rapid City, SD. She just lost her job a couple of days ago. :doah: I talked too a friend on the phone this evening that lives in Elkorn (Just west of Omaha) who has a lawncare bussiness. He offered me a job. It'd be about $1,200.00 a month more then I'm currently making. Might be good for me working outdoors. I'd get a tan, and loose the extra blubber around my waste. Mom wants too move down to the Omaha area too. So I'll have too put the Trailer up for sale. We're thinking of going into a apt. for a year too give me a chance too look around for a house I like in a neighborhood I like at a price I can handle.

2. gauder

gauder Banned

You gonna have to put the elky in storage then? Congrats on the new job too. How's the non-smoking going?

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So what is so special about Omaha as compared to where You live now? I always thought You liked it in the Black Hills.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Good luck on that....

Scaping can get ya in shape quick... when i ran the outfit when I got of school, we where cutting 200 lawns a week... Lots o walking and yup, the killer tan, tho it's not really a recommended thing these days...

Wish i had one of those pedometers back in those days, had to be walking 5, 6 miles a day behind that Bobcat...

What are you doing now?

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Cost of living is so much higher here in the Black Hills. It very nice up here, but being a major tourist spot, makes everything cost alittle more. For instanst, I paid $1.29 for a loaf of bread today. The same loaf of bread back in Omaha cost $0.79 . Gas was 30 cents a gallon cheeper last time I went to Omaha. Plus the job offer is a pretty big deal. I'll probley put the El Camino up for sale. If I can't sale it for atleast $2,500.00 , I flatbed it down to Omaha.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Jimmy has the contract for all the Blockbuster Video lawns in Omaha and Lincoln Ne. Plus quite a few other busseness as well as houses. So we'll be busy. He says he needs someone he can trust. I ran it for him back in 97 when it was fairly small. So I do know how too operate most of the equipment. I prefer the 52" Scagg. That was my personal fav piece of equipment too use.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Still not smoking. Feeling pretty good about mysel.

8. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Good Luck Z3PR. You have been making a lot of big life decisions lately and smart ones too. Good for you and you have reason to feel proud. :bow:

Yep landscaping will get you in shape. I did it for 2 summers as a kid. Still help people lay sod occasionally.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's 90% mowing grass. Well, there's the loading and unloading of the equipment. It's no big deal, stand on a valkie plate and squeeze the handles. I'm sure I'll get some good walking in every now and then, LOL. I'll be drinking alot of water out in the hot sun all day. But the best part is I'll be working with a couple of long time friends.

10. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

is the whole idea of a mobile home, that you can put the wheels back on and take it with you .... what would you do with non-pink countertops.

:D

I kid ... good luck, moving is fun.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Cost too much too move the trailer house again. Done it twice already, and we're talking thrityfive hundred for 15 miles, no way I'll even consitter 500 miles. I'll just put it up for sale. The guy that owns this trailer park has been buying trailer houses lately too rent out. So it may not be too hard too sell the trailer.