Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

moving the blazer tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Oct 22, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

well, since the weather will soon be snow everyday... I am going to move the blazer into the carport so I can take the body off easier. My question is, I cant exactly steer it right now (not hooked up) and I need to move it back about 100 feet, to the right about 15 feet, then into the carport. Would it be okay if I skidded the blazer, instead of turning? I dont want to wreck anything. But then again, we pull ourselfs all around when 'wheeling, so I dont see a problem.
    Any input /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

just push it and keep the wheels straight /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    (will help burn off some of that fat you said you were getting /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)jk

3. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

call one of your friends over and have him push wile u turn the tires the way they need to go. or u can be like me and have supersizeshawn do everything

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'd have agree with just manually grabbing a tire and turning them to the direction you need to go. You'll probably have to stop and turn them again every few feet. If all else fails... I can say I have plenty of experience in moving vehicles without any steering. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Nothing a chain and another vehicle can't correct.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

so I should try to steer it manually, but if that fails, I can use the furd to pull it and make it go in the right spot?

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

you're not going to hurt it. Just be sure to put it in neutral, trans and t-case

7. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pump the tires up hard and don't get your feet or hands under the wheels when trying to steer it! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Should earn yourself a beer or two after that bit of excercise!!

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you're not going to hurt it. Just be sure to put it in neutral, trans and t-case

[/ QUOTE ]

im in the middle of solving that right now /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif