Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moving to Chicago, IL!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Danno, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Moving from Colorado to Chicago, IL at the end of the month! Just wondering who's in that area, and where all the good shops are. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Hopefully I'll be able to buy a house with a garage, so I can finally start doing some serious work to the K5.

See you Windy City K5'ers soon!

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im about 1.5 hours south of Chicago. i know there are some others on here that live up there.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Sorry for your loss... oh wait you are exicted? I left Illinois at 18 and have only been back for weekend visits. I would miss all the mountains myself. Looking to move to CO when this current job is up!

4. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Oh, it's no loss, believe me. The Boulder area of this state is just plain goofy, and I'll be so happy to get the hell out of here.

The mountians are nice, but that's about it. Climate is too dry, the people in Boulder are dumb (not all of them, just the majority of them), and I can't stand the politics out here.

I imagine if I had landed in any other part of the state, I wouldn't have such a bad impression of the Colorado. Oh, well... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I do have to say that all of the CK5'ers I've met have truely been fun and interesting people, and I'll miss cruising around in the mountians.

It'll be good to get back to some good ol' midwestern fun, though... Is that a mudhole I hear calling? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There are VERY few 4x4 shops in this area so be prepared to do without.