Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moving to CO?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pregate, Mar 3, 2002.

1. pregate

pregate Registered Member

Aug 13, 2000
    i was just up in golden this weekend lookin at CSM for college. so obviously im thinkin about movin up there.. not sure, cuz i might stay in texas and go to UT, but i figured alot of yall would have some good info.

the only thing that really turns me off about CO is the weather, the natives seem to all think its great, and not all that cold, this weekend being the exception.. but then again i think they described 40-50 degrees as warm/hot. i tent to consider 115 hot.

obviously the trails are good up there, and that is a major sway over austin, where id barely be able to find a parking place when i wasnt 3 hours out of town.

so, any opinions? ideas, suggestions.. etc?

most importantly, what tires are the best up there? considering snow and ice on the roads, then the trails.. id probably be going with TSLs unless told otherwise.

oh, and.. any of yall engineers by trade? if i go to CSM ill be majoring in petroleum or mining engineering..
  2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Jun 26, 2001
    Come on up!!! You'll love it!!

I've lived in El Paso and Dallas. Have been here for 12 years and wouldn't go back. You'll get a good education at CSM also.