Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moving to IL

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FatBoyBlazer, Jun 17, 2003.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

This september i'm moving to Glendale Heights IL, any one in that area....it seems like a really nice area.....any one got any more info......thanks, Ryan

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I know Laketex and Krazie87K5 live close to there. I should be moving near St. Louis around the end of the year

3. FatBoyBlazer

i'm going there to go to UTI, i know they've got a Kripy Kreams right by the school /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yep, Glendale Heights is about 30 miles from either me or Dan. He's in Streamwood, and I'm in Batavia. Either way, if you need me to scope anything out for you before you get here, let me know. Look forward to having another wheeler around, just be forewarned that the wheeling is extremely limited out here!!!

Bryan

Map that shows all 3 cities

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. FatBoyBlazer

i'de like to take my truck out there but my parents won't let me........but if i can i will.......i'll be going out there in mid sepetember

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

well you're welcome to tag along and ride when we go to attica or out west locally! See ya when ya get here! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. FatBoyBlazer

cool sounds like a plan

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

the whole state seems to be very limited ot the general public, unless you wanna go mudding in a corn field, and get arrested later that day,, a local farmer reported the other day that someone took out like 4,000 feet and 7 feet wide of cornfield

9. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

big pappa b, you PCS'ing there, or getting out and moving there? just curious because i'm originally from illinois. about 100 miles straight east of St. Louis. and about 30 miles from Indiana just off of I-70.

10. big pappa b

Well, the intention was to make Tech this year and I had a guaranteed assignment back there. I didn't test until after the test cycle so I was waiting for the supplemental promotion list to come out on July 11th.....unfortunately, I logged into the Virtual MPF last night and saw my test scores already in there...missed it by 5 points /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Normally I wouldn't mind since it was only my 2nd time testing for it but I put in sooooo much time studying this year and completely blew my SKT test.
    Now I just have to HOPE that my Chief will take me there as a SSgt. If not I have to play the assignment game with everyone else.
    I grew up in E. St. Loius, IL /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif very bad. My 9th/10th grade years, out of 1500 students, I was one of the 4 white guys /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I hate living in Dover. My job is good here but the area is too congested and no good wheeling spots unless you wanna drive 2-3 hours

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    This september i'm moving to Glendale Heights IL, any one in that area....it seems like a really nice area.....any one got any more info......thanks, Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in downers grove and will one day make it out to Dan's house to see his Krazie87K5.

12. rick88blaze

don't feel bad, i missed it too. i haven't seen my scores yet. i'm not too worried, this was only my first time testing.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The Air Force has exams for promotions? Just like the Navy?

The Army has boards, and in the National Guard, promotions come based on what position you hold. You can't get promoted until you're in a slot (I'm currently an E3 in an E4 slot so I'm getting or may already have been promoted).

14. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

yeah, illinois sucks, second most anal state after cali the way i see it, to quote a guy at emissions place "if its a '47 t model well test it" for emmisions that is, did they have any ammision controls back then? didn't think so.
    yah was gonna go to wisconsin wheel a little this weekend (4th and all) and my boss tells me this "well if no one else is willing to work the saturday then you will have to" i didn't check off the "automatic voluenteer" box on my job application. anybody got a job for me? ill work for food.
    yah im pissed, im gonna go play a violent game on the net, who said those are bad? (as long as i don't loose) AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!

as long as you don't come down here for good than youll be alright.

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anybody got a job for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try being a cop... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    I've been through Chicago on a Greyhound bus a couple years ago... that station is DIRTY... I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the city though... everyone I talk to who's been there says I got a really bad view of the city, I gotta spend a week and go to the nice parts...

16. rick88blaze

twitch, just so you know, not all of illinois has emissions laws. if you move farther south away from chicago there are no emissions laws. i grew up in illinois about 35 miles west of terre haute, indiana in a small town right off of I-70. we had no emissions or vehicle inspections of any kind.

17. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

go through Ill. a lot to Wisconsin and unless you like big big city or farm I would never live there and the Bears suckass

18. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

capman, yeah i thought about that, lol, me and a gun? not a good combo (on some days....like today). /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    rick, kinda working my way further and further away from the city, next stop... cristal lake/ woodstock area.
    there are really good areas and thre are some really bad areas to the city. it can go from one to the other within couple of blocks.

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, illinois sucks, second most anal state after cali the way i see it, to quote a guy at emissions place "if its a '47 t model well test it" for emmisions that is, did they have any ammision controls back then? didn't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you nuts? YOu think Illinois is hard? They don't even do visual inspections on emissions! There are no vehicle inspections here either, and even Texas has those!

And, as said previously, no emissions down south, like where my K10 is registered.

20. big pappa b

The emission tests inIllinois are limited to only a few counties. Most surround Chicago and maybe 2 counties down south near St. Louis.
    Illinois isn't all farmland either. Central to just south of Chicago yes. Southern Illinois has some very nice wooded, somewhat hilly terrain