Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moving to SoCal... can you handle the Burbanzilla?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ddragggon, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

middle of May, I should be moving into the state of California, and setting up residence in the ontario/upland/area give or take 15 miles.

look forward to meeting some of you guys finaly.

-Rich
    1973 K20 suburban
    350/350/205
    D44/14bff.
    (454 engine swap to be completed next week)

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Uh oh, we're gonna need /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Congrats let us know if you need any help. What freeways are you traveling to reach Kalifonia?

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Strait shot down I-10 from phoenix to ontario, (I-10/I-15 interchange)

when I was there last week, I-10 was still @#%$^ed up, as its been for the last 5 years in that area, which really doesn't surprise me in the least... I'll probably be out there at least once more in the next week to locate a place to live at, and whatnot, and hopefully will be able to find a good spot in the area.

anyone here know much about the Colton Area?

-Rich

4. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anyone here know much about the Colton Area?

[/ QUOTE ] I know I moved out of there!!! It isn't too bad of a town. Redlands or Yucipa is nicer and too far away. Highland is also nice.

When are you coming out from Phoenix? Could talk you into picking up a 205 for me????? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking either redlands, or rancho cucamunga for an appartment.

also, I could probably fit a 205 in there somewhere at some point... ( perhaps not on my first trip, but I do have to go back to get the rest of my stuff when I get an apartment picked up, at the begining of june)

Also, anyone interested in a 1977 C20 suburban with a 454 in it? most remarkable problem with it, is the need for new rear brakes, and a bad lowside powersteering hose ( should be replaced by tomorrow)

for practicality sake, I might end up sacrificing burbanzilla, and starting from scratch later. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif