Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moving up in the world....Tire opinions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Jan 29, 2006.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

So I got a killer deal on 3 16x38.5x16.5 Swamper TSl's(FREE). 2 have about 70% tread left, and the other one is at about 50%. My plan is to buy a new pair for the rear. Should I stick with tsl's all the way arround, or should I buy Some boggers. This is a trail truck only, and only sees road going to the trail head, and will be trailered the rest of the time. The I have seen some trucks running tsl's in the front, and boggers in the rear and from what they have told me its worked out really well.

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

If u got the money, get some boggers of the exact same size and throw them in the back. Put the 70% tsl's up front. If you are cheap and broke like I am, slap the TSL's on there and drive her like you stole it:bow:
    thanks,
    James

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats what I was planning on doing, but my only concern was that I'm welded in the rear, and like to rotate my tires alot to reduce wear. But since its trail only I'm not to concerned. Oh and the price of boggers vs tsls are almost no difference. The TSL's are 1" wider, so I'm not sure if it will look funny or not.