Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mower wheelin

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

so me and chevy4wd took out the ol craftsman riding mower today...and had a lot of fun, probably more fun than we should have...heres a couple shots, and the thread might get moved..

heres chevy4wd burning the right rear away
    [​IMG]

heres me on the rock pile!!
    [​IMG]
    and heres chevy4wd (nick) trying to be like pure insanity and sink the mower, at this point we already busted the bead on the front tire twice and figured we'd give her hell, now we need to rebuild!!
    [​IMG]

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Does your mower spin both rear tires? I have often thought of figuring out a way to weld mine up. It is constantly stuck.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Yea it was great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    we pulled the plug after that last shot and turned it over it sprayed WAY to much water out the carb actually sat underwater for about 3min. after it sunk /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

no its like a open since we gotta clean out the motor now were gonna do soem work to it, we plan to weld the rear, get some 22 in tires(18's now)in the rear 18's up front(16's now) trim in the rear if we half to, finnish the exuast(no muffler as of now but it does come out of the head with 1" and goes up to 1½)its gonna have a stack, put a snorkle on it(so it dosent drink water agin) change all the fluids, and paint it we might bore It out to get a bigger pistion but im not sure yet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

fun stuff. me and my friend are building a drag cart right now. it has a 5hp now. . . but screw that, we're getting a 20hp horizontal motor! we'll port the head some, then shoot either oxygen or nitrous. i'm really hopin for close to 35-40 horsepower. . . and 12-13sec quarters /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nice mower . . . hehe

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hahaha yeap been trhere done that many a time! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif me and my friend used to get our old riders out....(i got some old craftsman thats good for nothing but fooling with..no deck for it) and go "rock climbing" and "mudding" anything we could think of..i was really considering starting racing with it( you know like those lawn mower racer guys that supe those things up and all that) but lost interest..its got a 10 hp techumseh on it that my dad rebiult once cause of a knock. runs great..was thinking about changing the pullyes on it to get some more speed from it..and puttin some bigger tires on it..

7. Confedneck

we're also going to go chain drive with a skid setup to protect the chain and sprockets because i got a rock jammed up against the pulley today..

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

id like to hear what ya do with it though as my tractor probobly just about the same thing..ive always wanted to do something with it lol..

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I get my 16HP diesel 4WD tractor out and go bogging with it sometimes...it even has a mechanical rear locker! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Confedneck

the rebuild should start this week or weekend with a tear down at least, once we get inside the motor we'll decide on whether or not we're gonna bore it...

11. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Now that is funny! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Friend of mine here painted flames on his and then built a box with an electric heater motor for a forced air intake. Says he could tell a difference but I wasnt so sure. It did look cool though.

12. Confedneck

we havent decided whether to paint it blue or red yet...but its definately getting painted too..

13. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    fun stuff. me and my friend are building a drag cart right now. it has a 5hp now. . . but screw that, we're getting a 20hp horizontal motor! we'll port the head some, then shoot either oxygen or nitrous. i'm really hopin for close to 35-40 horsepower. . . and 12-13sec quarters /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nice mower . . . hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe... how bout an R1 engine in a custom go-kart /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif... Some friends and i are working on it.... IF that ain't enough were talking about putting a little shot of nitrous on it also...
    Yah, we're hoping to be in the 12's also. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

to hell with that...Vortec 4300, with a Powerglide /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif really get dem back tires smokin

15. Confedneck

[​IMG]
    one more... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

You could install one of those Jr. Dragster Top Alcohol Motors - not sure what HP they make.

If you want some cam specs ran and HP gains, I have Engine Analyzer with a 5hp Briggs engine set up! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Is there any way you could rig up two transaxles one for front and one for rear, with steering capabilities? Maybe lock up the front and put cutting brakes in the rear for steering! Wooo Hooo!