Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mp3 players?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by laketex, Sep 5, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I've been looking at the aiwaCDC-MP3 and at $200 it looks like a killer deal. To cut throught the mumbo jumbo, this thing will play about 500 tracks of music on one burned in CD at one time? sounds killer especially if it'll play random, hell i'll only need one CD. What's the downside?

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>

2. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

Some may argue that the qaulity of Aiwa is lacking. When I was at Best Buy we got several of the Aiwa compact home systems back as defective. We did however sale a HUGE amount of the Aiwa systems in the first place so this could explain the number of returns, that and customers saying it is bad to return it. On the other hand I have friends that swear by Aiwa. They started carrying the car audio stuff after I left so I do not know the qaulity of that.

I know I probably did not help you much, but this could be a possible down side that someone would mention.

I want to get a Sony MP3 player w/ changer control so I can swap out my mini disc player and still keep my changer.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I know they had problems with their home units... mainly problems w/ the cd player and with the cds getting hacked up. I also know a couple guys who have replaced the lasers on them numerous times, but none of these is in a car deck. I would love to get an MP3 Player for that price... talk about sweet! [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I gotta an Awia home system...CX-NMT240... it's nice and kicks butt. I have it hooked into my tv. I also have a portable CD player by them and it's nice, never skips. I think quality is decent enough.... just my .2 cents.....

How can I miss you if you won't go away? [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; 1 Timothy 4:12 &gt;&lt;&gt;