Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MPG for your TPI or LT1 K5?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 914turboford, Mar 17, 2005.

1. 914turboford

914turboford Newbie

I did some searching and could not come up with the answer to this question: What mpg do you get with your TPI or LT1 powered K5? Also, could you state any mods to the engine, tranny type and gears?

Brian

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Only full tanks of gas I have gotten through my truck resulted in 13MPG averages.

Specs are in my sig, the above MPG number comes from almost two weeks of driving logging roads in 4wd at varying heights, typically crawling, so that economy is fairly good IMO. This also with an ECM (PROM really) that is nowhere near correct for what I'm using it.

Both tanks of gas that I started with for "freeway" and "city" MPG estimates, resulted in me finding the next weak link in the truck before I could empty the tank.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The best I got sofar after my TPI install is 12.5 MPG.

Harley

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

72 K5 Tuned port injected 355 engine, cam specs: 212/222 duration @ .050" .435/.460" lift, 112LSA
    K&N filter, Hooker comp headers, flowmasters
    TH350 tranny, NP205, 1 ton axles, 4.56 gears, 35" BFG's for street driving...
    weighs in around 5,000lbs.

I average 9-10 MPG around town, 13-14 on the freeway. Thats with the way i drive also. I love the skinny pedal. If i put a brick under the accelerator pedal i'm sure i'd get better mileage. :grin: I picked at least 1-2MPG in most all situations with TPI.. Not to mention throttle response and more TQ/HP.