Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. chris57k

chris57k Registered Member

I recently got my 1st K5! 1974 350 4bbl stand trans 3.73 rearend 30" tires. Whats the best MPG I can expect? Right now best I've done is 12.5 taking it real easy on the highway. 4 wheelin is 7-8 mpg.

2. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the world of K5's. I'm not to sure on yours but On a wild guess my 75 with a 350/350auto tranny/3.73's and 31inch tiers and get about 14 highway and 7to9 off road but it dont see much mud. I leave that to my 78 and its got 350/turbo350/3.73 with 39's and it only gets about 11 highway 6 off road. The motor is a little hotter in my 78. I'm sure someone in here can give you a better estimate.

<font color=blue>SLODAWG</font color=blue>
    http://www.slodawg.coloradok5.com

3. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

I would be surprised if you get anybetter than 12.5, mine only gets 11 but who's counting, if it only got 5 mpg i'd still drive it. But if you are getting 12.5 you are doing good.

If you say you haven't been stuck you're lying or was it you'll go blind, hmm

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

12 seems about right, had an 78 k-10 same combo as you and got around 12mpg. Might be able to squeeze out some more with some carb tuning.

5. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

Come to Canada we've got bigger gallons, so you'll get better mileage instantly! OOPS! I said gallons,now the metric police are gonna come take me away in the middle of the night! Well it was nice meeting y'all.

MIDCAN k5 " DIG A HOLE!!!"

6. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

LOL[​IMG]metric police or not.. 2 liters to a mile sounds better??!(6,2 diesel)
    I asked once if Steve could make us a diagram or a list so this can be looked up in a hurry? Learning to use inches and feet's.. but maybe others too would like a way to tell feet, meters, miles,kilometers from each other?

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com