Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MPG!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Mar 7, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well i finally ran the numbers on the fuel econimy im getting out of my luv (yes i have been bored). Well over this week of all in town driving whith the rear wheel bearings going out i got 21.8mpg. Thats perty cool i think, one more reason the luv is awsome /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I get just under 18 with my Jimmy.../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and it weighs 6300 lbs and rolls on 40's.

Plus diesel is still a fair bit cheaper than gas here.../forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah but you dont get the joy of being called ricer truck boy for having an isuzu made truck whith a glass pack /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thats all you get with that 4cyl?

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats all you get with that 4cyl?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was getting 15mpg (highway) with a 1.6L Tracker. It was unreal... passed emissions testing just fine. Might have had to do with the 5.13 ratio and 26" tires /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It ran at 4500rpm in OD just to keep up with highway traffic. Gassed up 3 times a week /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah it has a 1.8L isuzu whith a 380cfm webber and an aluminum intake. Most datsuns from the same era only 18mpg, my buddies 75 datsun only gets 15. I told him to throw a 350 in it becouse he wouldnt loose econimy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif