Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MSD Dizzy issue's...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by azblazer, Aug 23, 2006.

1. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Installed a new 8366 tbi small cap hei in place of the old gm dizzy that had some module ground issues...no matter what i do it will not advance the timing. Currently set at 14 degree's as a small science experiment with no difference...idles smooth and runs good but it has no guts like it used to due to the lack of advance. The owner of tbichips.com mention several of his customers having the same issue...has anybody ever experienced this issue and possably resolved it?

Called the msd tech line and they were no help....

And does anybody in calgary have a stock gm dizzy i can buy....

DW

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

3. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Did some searching over there a bit ago and haven't gotten a thread to to follow thru with the cure or reason why just yet....

I'm here in o Canada eh for a few month's training on the gamma portion of our mwd tool...so i thought i'd tinker a bit while i have some time with no wife and kids...lol.

Putting on a set of msd black super conducters tonight as there is to much emi issues with the ecm with stock delphi wires....weird codes etc....just didn't have time to install them before i had to drive up here from colorado....

I'll check out that post....as msd was no help...

DW