Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

msd or big problem.

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by KENNY, Jun 23, 2003.

1. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

92 chevy blazer. 5.7 tbi. just purchased. gave tune-up with msd 6a,coil,wires and adapter. truck starts then shuts off when it warms up. also originally was given wrong plugs at auto shop and engine knocks now. was running a little rough before tune-up and now have problems. also rpm needle is at .5 while idling. shouldn't it idle at 1.0? if so how to adjust idle speed. new to this model sorry for so many questions.

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

yeah i had a msd offroad 6al on my truck and it started doing the same thing shutting off at random and what not so i pulled it off and then got a msd guy at one of the race tracks to put it on there tester and he told me to send it to him when he gets back to texas and i was like wtf why cant you just swap it now instead of making me pay to ship it off to him then get it shipped back to me....

3. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

ive used msd in virtually every car or truck i've owned so i know they are reliable. but if they couldn't make this work why won't they just come out and say it. did you take it off, and what do you have now.

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

yeah i had to take it off it wouldnt get me anywhere if i had still on and running like that. I have a Accel coil on my truck now and will probley send that msd back in someday.