Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MSD people, truck wont start

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, Sep 19, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Truck is getting fuel just no spark. I've got an MSD 6AL box, Blaster 2 coil and here is my problem. The truck will not start unless the 12V switched wire is connected to a constant 12V source, then it'll run for a few seconds and die again. When I connect it to a 12Switched source, it'll crank and crank and crank but won't fire up. I've checked my 12Switched sources with Multi-meter and they are just fine. I'm scratchin my head on this one, does my truck just want me to kill it?

2. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Have you tested the coil? I'm not sure but I think Greg72 had this problem a while back. Find out more though before you go buy a new coil. Wish I could help more.

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

PM or email Philly87....he's a MSD tech guy.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Ditto on that. He has helped me out alot over the last year or so. Also on the MSD website there are ways to troubleshoot, and ways to test to see if the box is bad.