Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MSD super conductor wires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pilgrim, Nov 30, 2002.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

just got done changing out my napa stock plug wires for a set of MSD super conductor wires from summit.. i want to say they made a HUGE differance /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif . they advertise a 40-50 ohms of resistence per foot and true to form each wire was between 70 & 140 ohms. i went to measure a stock on and /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif they came in at 13000 - 16000 ohms..

with my new HEI/headers/new carb/intake/ and the such adding good wires made a noticable change.

The wires were very easy to custom fit and crimp. Also i got a set of "made for you" wire holders, they worked and looked good , except for the fact that the nut falls out the back of it while your LAYING across your truck in 20 degree cold with a drop light at 10 o'clock at night and you you have to crawl off your rig to get it only to drop it again. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif .. and no i wasn't on the trail i was half in half out (doesn't fit) of my garage.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I agree with the /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif . I had a set of these, and we tested the resistance on them (curious like you, I imagine), and mine came out to 30-50 ohms per foot, with one wire being about 110. I had a slight miss that was cured, an off idle stumble that was cured, and I gained about 2mpg with em. Good wires!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif