Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I know most of you guys like MSD better than all the others. So I think thats what I'm going to go with. My question is, what all did yall upgrade. Did you just get the MSD-6A box and thats it? Or did you get a hi-po coil? Wires? What about upgrading the ignition module? I know it says '73 K5, but I upgraded to HEI, by the way. Thanks
    One more thing...is the MSD "Offroad" box worth the extra money over the regular 6A one?

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I got the MSD 6A with a Blaster2 coil........don't get the Blaster3 coil, it runs too hot and could cause problems.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

[​IMG]

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have the off road box, msd 8.5 wires, and msd coil on my 88...i bought the distribitor too but i could never get it to run right with all the computer controled [censored] on it so i just put my stock distribitor back in and no problems.

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I am running the MSD8360 dist with a BlasterII coil and a 6A box. I emailed MSD to ask what the diff is in the OffRoad box and the 6A. The 6A has a light coating of epoxy (or whatever they call it) were as the OffRoad version is completly submerged in the stuff and can run under water. The 6A can run under water too but only for a few minuts then it may fail.
    OH ya and the offRoad comes with ruber mounts like the 6T.

All I know is that I love my MSD stuff, my rig fires up with a sigle turn of the key, I just turn it and let go and my rig fires up!

OH and the service at MSD is awsome I bought a new VDO tach ad it wasn't working right so Summit replaced the tach, stil not working so emailed MSD and they sent me an inline filter for FREE and that solved my problem!!

MSD ROCKS!!
    They have an upgrade for HEI too if you want to stay with that technology!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>