Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MSN 8 help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lugnut, Jul 4, 2004.

1. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

I am running MSN 8 and in the space where you type the web addres I used to type www. what ever .com and it took me to that site. Now I have to type in the htt:// in front of the www how do I fix it ? As slow as I type I dont want to type any more than I have to.

Thanks

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Don't know..............

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have not had much experience with the MSN web browser portal, but my guess the problem might be with your "Toolbars" setting. Go to View>Toolbars, and make sure that you do not have something checked that should not be checked.

I would not even bother using the MSN 8 portal (or any other portal web browser like AOL's version of Netscape). It is not needed for browsing the Internet, and it has a lot of spy-ware in it to track everything you do on the Internet. I just use the Internet Explorer (IE) that comes with every Micro$oft Operating System (OS). I am running Windows 2000 Pro with IE (version 6), and all recent security updates, and the Direct-X application interface (version 9) with all its recent security updates.

4. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

Ok I went to the internet options and reset everything to the defaults. I also tryed my internet explorer and its the same way. I did find out that I dont need to type the www any more at all I can just type the http:// and the adress without the www and it works fine.

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I should have thought of that. Glad you got it going again.