Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MT Baja Claw

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by loudandproud, Mar 28, 2001.

1. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tire was any good? How does it drive on the highway? How does it drive offroad?

I was looking at the 35x15.5" ones http://loudandproud.coloradok5.com

2. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

I can't comment on the radilas ..i had the 35x13.5x15 bias ply....They drove great on the road..never had them in the rain..I live in Az....They crawled the rocks real well...aired them down to 8 pounds once...no promblems...but like all soft compound tire...they wear out quick!!!...You can try the BFG's...people love them...they last forever too...I have heard the new Goodyears's kick butt...little spendy though......

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

FYI... the Goodyears are also a very soft compound... they just melt to the rocks and give a great grip, but no life on the road. I would try the Baja radials... I wanted to get them, but not enough $$$. Otherwise the SSR's from what I hear last pretty good on the street, but are pretty loud.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

My buddy has tose on his rig. And he says they aren't to bad on the highway. I think they are 35x14x16 mickey t's. I think they look cool. It pretty much depends on what you want to spend. Later LittleJimmy