Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MT Classic Lock Rims Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, May 4, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Do the fake beadlock parts come off or are they forged to the rest of the wheel, I remember seeing some ad awhile back about colored fake locks and couldnt remember if they were for those rims or not, thanks

2. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

The lock ring is seperate from the wheel.

On the stock ring there are 30 bolt heads that show. There would be 32 except that two are eliminated so that the M/T logo can be engraved onto the ring. Only 8 of the bolts actually thread into the wheel to attach the ring. The other 22 are short and have thin nuts on the back side.

I have had custom rings made for my wheels at a local job shop and I changed to socket head cap screws to give an even more custom look.

If you would like some pics of the stock wheels and rings I have those and can post them. I will also try to get pics of my custom rings if you would like to see them.

FYI - I can also help you get custom rings made for your wheels if you decide to purchase them.

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I wanted some Classic IIs for along time, but recently havent been thinkin about fake beadlocks because Kert(Cyberfire) who owns DIY4X has a couple really sweet beadlock designs and I was thinking about having him whip something up for me. Its awhile off yet, Im not getting new rims until I go to 3/4 ton running gear.

If you could post a couple pics or PM me some links that would be great, thanks