Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mt fugi climb cool shots dial up beware

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Feb 16, 2005.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Here is the mountian from the window of the bus we took there.
    [​IMG]
    this is the group i climbed with, im on the far right in the back with the answer jersey on:D

[​IMG]

here are a cupple of shots of us climbing through a cloud, that was way cool!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is one of the many "huts" along the way, you buy a walking stick at the bottom, and at each "hut" they burned a stamp into your stick, it ends up costing about 50 bucks or so for the stick by the time its finished, about 15 for the stick and 2-3 bucks(yen) for each stamp. they also sell oxyjen, and food stuff, these japeneese guys carry that crap up the mountian every week or so. pretty crazy:yikes:

[​IMG]

Finally at the top!!! i think its about 14_ _ _ feet not shure the exact amount.
    [​IMG]
    this is the crater, its wicked deep and there was just a hint of steam coming out of the bottom, waaay cool to see!!

[​IMG]
    this was on the way back down, the down trail is on the other side, and its alot steeper and all lava rock, we pretty much just slid down
    [​IMG]

Finally at the bottom, this is a little shrine they put up to honour all the people that climb the mountian, its pretty cool, it took us 8 hours to get to the top, and about 1 1/2 hours to get down
    [​IMG]
    All in all it was a really cool trip, a once in a life time thing, really really cool

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Thats pretty sweet dude. It's closer to 12500 I think, definitly looks huge in those pics though. A sweet tag for sure, not many people can say they did that.:D Kinda reminds me of shasta hows its all by itself. Funny they are selling oxygen, I wonder how many people actually buy it?:confused:

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

allot crazy allot, the cans were about the same size as the little air horn cans you know? and they had littl mouth pieces on them. pretty cool but no way i was going to buy one:D

Is it that small? i forgot, i have the feet on my stick but i dont have it with me at work, oh well

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

5. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I did the same climb when I was stationed in Yokosuka. Probably one of the most emorable moments of my Navy time (out of the few that weren't alcohol-related international incidents.) Still have my stick too. Funny thing about the stick, even though I did that climb back in 94, it still cost about what yours did...

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hate you so much............

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Lucky bastard!
    When I was in Okinawa in '96, we got assed out of our Fuji trip THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT.......... :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: