Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mt. Madness

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by angrysnowplow, Dec 29, 2004.

1. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Anyone heard anything about it? Is it open? (regularly) :confused:
    I heard the Yankee Toys had a fall run up there...:thinking:

-Mark

2. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Where is Mt Madness? Is it the place in Southern Maine with the bottomless mud pits?

Where are you located AngrySnowPlow?

-Chris

3. angrysnowplow

No, never heard of the place in Maine, Mt. Madness is in West Ossippee, NH. :thumb:
    I'm in Townsend, it's on the NH border.

4. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

Howdie

I am about 20 min south of Mt Madness but that is the only good news I got for you guys. Yankee Toys did have their Fall Krawl scheduled their but long story short the Jackass that was running Mt Madness took their money, made them buy event insurance but never got approval from the town. The town made the land owner (not Dana from Mt Madness, he leases) stop YT from going up the Mt. They spent over a year getting their money back for that event and last I new they didn't get reimbursed for the insurance money.

All the local clubs in the NEA4WDC boycotted Dana and Mt Madness for obvious reasons and now the land owner has forced him out.

Here is the better news. Jon from Granite State Performance (www.your4x4shop.com) started negotiations with the land owner and the town to legally open the park. He had everything green lighted but the town required that the land be taken out of current use (a tax status that saves a landowner in NH thousands on property tax) since this would be a business. Jon was going to have to pay back taxes on this property with a view tax on top of that since the land has such a great view. Jon couldn't afford to start up the business, keep his 4x4 shop going and pay the taxes to release the land for use. So he sold the 4x4 shop at the base of Mt Madness and opened a new larger facility up in N Conway.

Jon is a friend of mine and if anyone knows someone with big bucks to throw at that Mt it would be a great investment. It has Paragon pottential written all over it. Jon would still love to see that and I am sure he would lead anyone in the right direction to get it started.
    Attached is a ariel shot of the Mt. :D

Attached Files:

5. angrysnowplow

a view tax? Oh man:surepal:

Thanks for the response...

-Mark

6. skyrocco16v

skyrocco16v Registered Member

where abouts are you from? 20 min. south of mt. madness must put you in the moultonboro/center harbor area... i'm in moultonboro.

corey

7. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

That would be west wouldn't it? I am south on Rt 16 in Wakefeild/Ossipee area.
    You are on the other end of rt 25? Familiar with Granite State Performance?