Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MT Reverse light plug location?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rcamacho, Apr 5, 2005.

1. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Anyone out there happen to know where the reverse light switch is located on the body/wiring harness? I have a MT rig without the reverse lights hooked up and need to locate the plug/wires. I assume they are somewhere on the frame rail. Pics would be helpful.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

IIRC the wires are green and blue all years. Mine come out of the firewall (I don't think they come from the fuse panel connector) pass right by the brake booster, and there is a connector near the booster in the lines, I guess for different lengths of wire.

Can't help you on the frame location, but if you don't know, the plug is on the top front drivers side of the transmission. I don't think you can see it. Older 465's use a round style two prong plug kind of like an oil pressure sender plug, later ones ('85+ or so) use a two prong weatherpack.

3. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Thanks!

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

One more thing, for emissions purposes, some "early" (non-weatherpack) 465's have another connector on them in a similar location, but it's at a 45* angle towards the driver as installed, single flat connector, and on top of the tranny, but close to the reverse light one. :)

5. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Found it

Thanks!

I found the leads. I'm running an NV4500 so I had to order the weatherpack connecter from GM - $20 seems kind of steep.

6. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

Painless Wiring sells weatherpak connectors, but even the advance auto here has them

7. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Done, thanks!

Thanks for the info folks. I was able to locate the reverse switch harness, graft on the weatherpack plug from GM and now have rev. lights.

:)