Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MT/Rs???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by laketex, Mar 25, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Just got an opportunity for a screaming deal on a set of MT/Rs for my blazer and was wondering how they do in all environments compared to a TSL. No experience, but hearsay says the're good.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I haven't seen them in the mud, or VS. a Swamper, but I was impressed with there performance when I saw them on DesertDuelers rig. This was in AZ, so no real mud, but they did great on all the terrain we encountered on a run in Jan. in AZ. They did great in the wet sand, dirt, rock, wet rock. I am a die hard BFG man, but these MTR;s have me thinking that I might skip BFG MT's and get MTR's. They did well in the Peterson mud shootout last year. But that is about all I can say on the mud side of it.

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Yes, they placed 3rd to the SSR and the Bogger (duh!) in the 100ft mud test.

In all, MT/R's are the way to go. Radials, good lateral traction, void is good, sidewalls are strong, great all arounf tire, from my reading. I myself have TSL's but if I was running 35's i would have MT/R's without a doubt.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Off road I hear good things on rocks. No swamper but BFGish in the mud. On the steet I hear they are wearing fast. Lots faster than the BFG.
    Me...Just got finshed bolting on the new 35 inch BFG KM's. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

I am runnin 35" MTR..i have had them since october of last year and i have hit just about everytype of trail...sand, snow, street, mud and a few rocks.....at first i was not empressed with how they handled in the sand but with everything elsethey rock....i like them alot better than the BFG's i had before..they are wearing kinda fast..i have about 10,000 miles on em and they are a little more than half gone....but a big part of that could be the way i drive....takin corners kinda fast and the locker in the back keeps scrapin tread off...but if i had the choice to get em again i would...i hope the 37" will come down in price befor blazer fest and moab..i want to get bigger ones but my pocket is about empty.

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

You ought to check tire stores. i hear that the 37" is down to about $200 a tire. Although the mags still have it at $400+

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have heard the same thing but i have yet to find a place willing to sell them to me at that price...i went to americas tire and they wanted 699.00 per tire...i told em they were smokin crack and walked out..haha

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

From POR: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/poll.php?s=&amp;action=showresults&amp;pollid=294>http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/poll.php?s=&amp;action=showresults&amp;pollid=294</a>

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

whoops nevermind. I just picked up a set of 38" TSLs./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif