Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MTX amp and subs

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rcamacho, Nov 26, 2005.

1. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Some friends managed to hook me up with an Rt-a2100 amp and (4) 12" subs. Q: so how do I mount all this stuff in my rig? I'm thinking of only running (2) subs and somehow finding a location for the amp on the box?

2. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

I've purchased enclosures for 6x9 speakers off of ebay before. They have boxes for 12-inch subs which come carpeted for anywhere from 10 dollars and up.

3. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah pretty much what he said...you can go mild to wild (as with anything else in the car industry).
    You can make a box yourself out of MFD and carpet it or you can buy one or even get exciting and do a fiberglass box. Either way if you just want to get them in I'd suggest buying a box and plopping them in. One thing to consider is volume...check w/ the manufacturer as far as reccomended volume for the box. The amps can be mounted anywhere but there are also some interesting ways to mount them as well (same as the box).
    Either way just make sure that you have sufficient power for them, I was laughing at a guy the other night sitting at a stop light and every time his sub kicked ALL of his lights in his car dimmed. It looked like a club w/ the lights hitting to the beat. Knowing the guys around here you probably already have a winch or some other doo-daad like that which requires at the very least a battery upgrade so just look into that at the very least.

Oh this might get you started, click on products at the top of the page then on enclosures then just scroll down a bit...
    www.audiobahn.com/frame2004.html

There's a lot of great stuff out there but this is just an example.

-Avery