Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud bogging the truggy?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, Jun 26, 2006.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

There is a mud bog in Bozeman, MT in about a month an dI have been contimplating running it in my tube thing. Anyone here with truggys, etc bog them? Anything to worry about? My biggest thing is tha tI can get it together "enough" to run but not finished. Basically get my uppoer radiator mount built, seat bars in and seats mounted along with shifter and a cross bar in behind the seats to mount harness to. I won't be able to put all my X braces in etc because of lack of tube and time. Input?

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Are you insane, or just like punishment? :haha:

I was "invited" (read begged) by several friends to go down to the local track to "show off" the "little" Jeeps in a comp at the monster truck show thingy. I thought about it for about 2.3 seconds. No f-n way, I hate mud :).

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

All I know about mud is that when I see a water surrounded by dirt I lock in, drive as far around it as possible and go really slow so I don't spin the tires (yes this is how I drive my overbuilt truggy through water).

I hate mud too :)

4. MNorby

I was thining rain coat/ pants and 450hp, 4000 lbs and 40" swampers could do pretty well but the continuing contruction part afterward could suck for a bit till its all clean again. I also have some near bald 44s I could borrow if I wanted

5. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

How do you guys hate mud!?!?!?!? :eek1:

Mud is the greatest thing ever invented! There is nothing like going straight down the middle of mud hole at full throttle :bow: :D :p:

Rocks are way too slow for me, if it ain't full throttle then it ain't for me :p: :D

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sounds good go for it. Get pics:D

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

The biggest problem will be water proofing everything. biggest being the air cleaner, either make some inner fenders or make a snorkle of some sort.

I usually stear away from the puddles also, but sometimes you just have to have fun and get dirty:D I have never been in a bog per se but I did go out and cut some donuts in a muddy field last weekend:p:

8. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I agree with you.......

ummmmm no I dont.....

well with 1 part.......

I LOCK IN TOO!!!!!

but then hammer her through the middle... forget the go around part......

well I wont go through the middle unless I know the depth.. if I am not sure I putz it through... then when I am familiar with that hole.... from that point on I attack that sum bish like I want to take its life :haha:

9. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

Mud is what 4x4's were originally built for!!!! I agree with the waterproofing first idea. Take some silicon spray and shoot the wires and cap, get some type of snorkel and run that biatch straight through the middle

REMEMBER: Real men do it the mud;)

It is a bitch to clean though.

10. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

run it dude I have been to that mud bog mabey I will go back just to see you run. I have run bogs with my top off. I realize it aint the same as a truggy but if you waterproof everything then you can just use a pressure washer and hose down the whole truck. If you do, you better get some pics :D

11. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

got the details on this bog? website maybe? id be interested in going

12. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

You pusswhompers and your rocks...jk i LOVE mud and i agree its what 4x4s where first made for. All my life i've been playing in mud. My fondest childhood memory was running up adn down the sides of the lake pushing a tonka truck through the muddy banks. DO IT and be sure to take pictures.

13. MNorby

IUsually put LPS1 on my ignition and I will prob find a stock style air cleaner. Before with the truck bodies rig I would duct tape off the front half of the air filter then if a big splash it wouldn't soak as bad and if it did get the back I would take tape off and have fresh filter.

They announced this bog at the one in billings last weekend. The 22nd I believe of july. Think it is $30 per class. Nothing posted yet but check on www.m4x4a.org