Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mud bogging with 10bs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nartow, Feb 8, 2005.

1. nartow

nartow Registered Member

i just bought a 89 blazer with 4 supenion lift and a 3in body it has 35 on it now but i have a set of 39.5 super swapers in the garage. i mostly just play in the mud and i was wondering how would the 10b hold up

2. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

check the thread called traction aids... there was a lot of good discussions on this topic.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

They might last for awhile but I don't think they will last forever. They might brake right off the batt though to.

39.5's are well above the normal tire size a 10 bolt can handle. Mud can be more forgiving then some other terrains but if you are on the gas and the tires grab a root or something that is tough it will most likely grenade a 10 bolt.

I honestly wouldn't run 39.5's on 10 bolts, especially the rear 10 bolt. A 14bff is to cheap to not run for something like that in my opinion.

Harley

4. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

run it untill it brakes then upgrade. i use to brake 12 bolt ring and pinons all the time in the mud and i kick myself now for not upgrading to a 14bff. i sent atleast 900 bucks in 1/2 ton axles before i went to a 14 bolt.

btw i do find the mud in arizona, it just take sometime to find it.:grin:

5. nartow

nartow Registered Member

i have a 14b with 4-10 in it and if i swich it i will have to get new rims and regear the front or change the front to d44 that i have sitting a round that has 4-11 in it and it cant aford to get new rims or gears

6. Hossbaby50

Run it till it breaks or you get the money to swap in the 14bff whichever comes first. The 10 bolts may hold for quite awhile, but don't be surprised if they break quite often or soon either.

Harley

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

All I have to say is if the sticker in the glove box has "G80" on it, don't even waste your time, get a 14 bolt.

8. nartow

nartow Registered Member

what does the g80 stand for and the mud i run in is mostly sand and water

9. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Theres no way to tell what will happen to yer 10B, but from experience sooner or later you will be changin blown ujoints and shafts. I carry spares now :D, but also wheel less.

10. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

g80 = gov loc (bomb)

where in mass are you located?

11. Hossbaby50

Like mentioned G80 = govbomb. It will explode for no apparent reason at any given moment. I blew up my 10 bolt govbomb on the street with 32" tires and a stock 350. Took off hard one day from a stop and BOOM it was over.

Harley

12. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well than you have found yourself between a rock and a hard spot...

There is no easy way to get around it. either get that 3/4 set under the truck with 8 lug rims and your 39.5's or leave the 39's in the garage until you can afford the swap. Just wheel with the 35's, it's not worth bolting on the 39's and blowing the rearend when you can't afford to blow it....

13. nartow

nartow Registered Member

i am located in hadley and just got done reading the 14 bolt swap in the tech and i was wonding where do i get one of those 1310-1350 u joints because i found some really cheap rims for $30 each for a set of 15-10 rims with 3in back spaces 8 lug ofcorce

14. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

no kidding where in mass do you live im from mass and i need some new wheelin spots...

luke

edit: i figured it now...

15. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

So what gears are in it now? You say switch the front to 4.10's if you swap in your 14 bolt....if you have less than 4.10's in the 10 bolts now I don't see any point to mounting up 39.5's for that reason alone. If you have a dana 44 and a 14 bolt already, then put them under there and buy the rims you found. That is your best bet :thumb:

[​IMG]

"Once again, innocence is destroyed, and it's Americans destroying other Americans. This conduct runs wild in this country ... It's not the Taliban doing it. It's Americans." -Ted Nugent

http://www.krazyk5.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me
    http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me2

16. nartow

nartow Registered Member

i said i live in the town of hadley its right next to northampton there are a lot of trails around here which are good for mud and there are a couple rock climing trails there is this one called jeep beater which is the hardest trail around here it has a rock slope so step people have died when there rig fliped over end.

i am still wondering where i can get that trick u joint and will the 8lug hubs off the d44 fit the ten bolt