Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud Dawgs, where shall we go?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's time to bring the pack together once again and get it awn in the mud. So where shall we hold this grand event.
    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1036386686BRBoudreaux">

Mud Run Location
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Hollister
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Frank Raines
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Prairie City
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>
    Now I would like to say one thing here. Members of the club are spread out over a pretty big chunk of the northside so if we were to have every club event at the same spot, things would get old, so I personally think we should share the wealth a little bit. So let's all vote and we can get around to setting a date.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

where is Frank Raines ? yahoo couldn't find it if it is a city? or which city is it in?

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Raines is about 20 miles west of Patterson, which is right off I-5 and about thirty miles north of Los Banos.

4. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

What about carnegie in tracy. Its fun to fool around in.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Isn't it just a wee bit early for a mud run? Being that it hasn't rained yet? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carnegie blows unless there's been alot of rain... Not that I have a truck to go in anyways, so it doesn't mattter to me.

Hey Evan, you still have my keg tap? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

We are talking about setting this up in January.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Well allright then. that would be sweet to have something set up this far in advance for January, since it would give me a completion goal for my truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif As of right now I'm just aiming for somewhere in January. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I say Hollister, although I hear Frank Raines has some cool stuff, although I also hear that they don't have alot of trails. Never been to Prarie City, but I've heard that it isn't really all that good for anything other than a short day trip.</font color>

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Frank Raines is small.. But that would be OK for a mud run.. They have a small stream.. That can be fun.. But if you have a nice paint job or are worried about your paint then it is no fun..Just ask delte9blazer... I don't think he will ever follow me again... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Here is my short report on each park. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Prairie City: Very small obastacle course. No trails to speak of. Stadium truck race track. -- A fun day trip if there's been some rain to make the race track gooey. Great for those stock or close to stock /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif trucks.

Frank Raines: Fire trails, Creeks, VERY COOL rock garden in back riverbed, mud hole on the plateau that gets very deep /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif . -- A little bit of everything. You can have fun if your stock or heavily modified. They have bare camping on site. Not as fun as Hollister but very cool time if you want to camp out and play. No store close, nearest store is 17 miles of twisty 1.5 lane road back out to I-5 at the Patterson exit.

Hollister: obstacle course, trails from mild to wild and fun all around. -- Cool place and I get goose bumps every time I say HOLLISTER /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

My vote is for Frank Raines if we are having a large group for a little bit of everything playing. Plus their mud hole on top of the plateau is very large. But if you want 360 degree, rooster spinning flat land mud Prairie City is your spot. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

David

10. Red Chevy Girl

Red Chevy Girl 1/2 ton status

If Carnagie (which has a small rock pile) is a interest to some, its a short distance from Frank Raines Park, So a group could go there one day and spend the next at Raines. Just an idea.
    I like Frank Raines because of the creek trail I have no idea what else is there. Hopefully I have my frame swap completed long before this.

11. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I'm not even gonna bother voting, everytime I think I'm going something comes up! So this time I am just gonna fix up the rig and if she's ready well then I'll be there! Just keep the trip updated as so I can keep informed! I changed my mind RAINES! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Thanx,
    Bill

12. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

where are the different places?

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Hollister is in, well, Hollister; Frank Raines is 19 miles west of Patterson (about 1.5 hours from San Jose); and Prarie City is near Sacramento. </font color>

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

What Shaggy said. There's a good website that has a lot of pictures of mud wheeling at Raines. I surf off and see if I can't find it.

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

16. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status