Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud Flaps

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nomorerust, Mar 5, 2000.

1. Nomorerust

Nomorerust Registered Member

Anyone using a contored set of flaps.If so what brand?
    New paint is beginning to show dings.
    CJ

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Flaps just get in the way. They collect the mud and pebbles then rub tires and just get torn off on the trail anyways. Try fabricating a removable bracket. I am going to weld one on my rear bumper (I think) so that I can run mud flaps when pulling my camper, then be able to pull them off with ease before wheelin.

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

3. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

True flaps do get in the way, but here in Oregon they are an expensive ticket when you do not have them. It seems to be an excuse OSP uses to pull you over recently. Im going to take your suggestion though and fabricate disconnect brackets. I have had to custom build these flaps myself 34" from under the fender. Longest flaps I found fabricated were 18" a bit stubbish for the look and not very wide, so I bought semi mud flaps and cut them to size. We will see how they work.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

You guys need to get ahold of Thumper in canada he has flaps and I belive he made some cinda disconnect for them.
    he does visit this board so he may even see this post.
    If not I think his email is in the pics at coloradok5's home page.

Rock ON!

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Thumper

By the way, I haven't seen Thumper in a while. Anybody know anything about him?

<font color=purple>////////
    Go 79s!!!
    </font color=purple>[​IMG]

6. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Re: Thumper

I think hes cheating on us with a jeep page. Dont know if its the same thumper or not, but I see him.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!</font color=blue>

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Hey, Blue Knight.........what is the Oregon law now on the mud flaps. When I left there, don't think there was one, or at least it didn't pertain to me. 2.5" lift with 33 X 12.5 BFG A/T........that will change with the 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires, and I am moving back to OR in 3 months, want to know what's going on with mud flaps. Hate them things, was living in Arizona when that law came out, but again, it only pertained to BIG tires sticking out of the fenderwells. Let me know, please.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

8. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Well depending on the OSP officer take on it. Its different. but reading the statute. anything over 21" below the rear fender is to much open space. I have 35" from the ground to the bottom of my fender. My tires do not stick out at all. I think it scares them to see all that exposed rubber behind me. I will admit Super Swampers TSl's can really pick up a rock and throw it good.
    Im designing a quick removal method for mine. They wouldnt last second in the mud.

9. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Gee I wonder if I can get a set with Yosemiti Sam on them....

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral