Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud flaps !

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Jun 2, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

So I guess I got a few laughs with my semi truck mud flaps :D . We have to run mud flaps in Oregon . It depends on the LEO mostly but It helps to just have your $h!t together to keep him off your butt . My mud flaps have a pin system so I can quickly remove them when I go wheeling . I did add a special touch to them to give it more of a redneck trucker look and to tie in with my camo paint job on the burb :haha: . Usually you see the trucker flaps with the crome lady figure . I made my own ( using a crome one for a template ) out of thick sheet metal , welded 4 studs on the back so I could bolt them to the flap and I painted them in camo colors . I know they are huge but if they stop a rock from hitting someones rig or motorcycle then they did their job ;) . I get these mud flaps for free all the time and I keep a few in the rig for the times I have to crawl under the rig to repair something . But mostly they get used by my buddies with their toyotas as they are always breaking stuff :D .

mudflaps1.JPG

mudflaps2.JPG

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeppers, the five-oh on oregon love their mud flaps! Only real question is, will mudflaps keep the fuzz off my case when I have gone truggy... :grin:

j

3. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

My neighbor (Mason) drove his truggy from across the street from me to Goat mt and wheeled all day and drove back and didn't see 1 cop :confused: . Goat is like 25 miles from here . Granted it's all in Clackamas county but he had to drive through Gladstone and part of Oregon city . He did this on last saturday . He has no mud flaps , no fenders and no headlight's (he was home before dark thankfully) . If I pulled that chit I would be pulled over and have a shower in tickets :haha: . Actually most of these county guy's are pretty cool . I haven't gotten any flack for not having fender flares . I think my huge mud flap's make up for it . I think if they see you making an effort and you are not driving like an idiot then they will leave you alone (maybe) . Heres a pic of Masons toyota truggy climbing my burb :D .

truggyclimbingburb.JPG

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

in nj the guy passed me in inspection.. but said they were not sticking out enough.... :haha:

he was serious too.... they stick out farther than the bed.. but have to cover ALL THE TIRE

anyways I use them as floor matts and will put them back on in december as I am up for inspection again....

I call them a$$ hatts :crazy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Been wondering if I would need some for blazer bash? I hear Utah likes mudflaps also. Since I don't have a tow rig or trailer I have to drive it. Definately make removeable ones.

6. RootBreaker

yes I am thinking of removeables too....

also if my memory serves me correct.. if you drive from one state to another (passing through or just visiting short termp) you do not have to comply to the visited states laws.. you are not a resident... thus if your vehicle is legal in your state.. you are fine....

dont quote me as you may want to check in to that....

7. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Yea, Troopers here in WA like to see them on too. Here is a pic of my quick release.

DSCF0150.JPG

DSCF0150.JPG

8. RootBreaker

dude that is saweet.... will keep a tab on this one...:bow: