Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mud machine building contest on JYWs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Oct 23, 2002.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Tonite at 9 eastern /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

it was not as good as it looked. the teams built a dual landcruiser front axle four wheel steering ruig, and a track line crap thing. the holes were as deep as ones that a stock k5 with mud tires could make it through. but is was entertaining tho.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Fell asleep about half way though and never saw the end.

4. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I always wander if they really build that stuff in 10 hours. The mud looked like it was nothing the track thing made it through everything except for the last one and it was 2wd. Kinda disapointing.

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I always wonder about the building materials-how they'll be looking for something, and ooh, there it is over there. Or the one with the hill climb and the one team found 4 matching off-road tires with some tread left and holding air...hmmm /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Something doesn't add up, but still a cool show /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

The producers of the show actually approached our work and asked if we had any ideas for the show or guest experts. The guy admitted that they stash certain types of parts depending on what they are building and based on what each team's expert has in his mind to build. The biggest thing I noticed since the show has become more popular and based in the U.S. is that the show doesn't talk about the details of the machine that are being built. The early shows in Britian would show the detail oriented issues, like how they get a shaft drive out of a boat without sinking and how they get driveshafts lined up. The show now just kind of jumps over these details and next thing you know they have a running machine....