Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud Racing Guys, Lookey here please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NateInChandler, Oct 5, 2006.

1. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, me and the girlfriend just got back from doing a little mudding in our 85 chevy 4x4, got in some off camber spots and stuff and i was just wondering what youguys do to get the brakes working good again, I noticed on the trip home that i have a caliper either not working or the brakes are slipping badly on that side, the brakes are new with less than 100 miles on them so i know everything is good there... please let me know how you get them good again (pull tires and wash out with water or a complete dissasembly of the fronts and wash out??? This is a daily driver so any help will be appreciated.. Thanks

2. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

pull the tires off and clean the **** out of them it also wouldn't hurt to pull the calipers and clean them to

3. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

thanks yellow, im just upset cause these brakes are all new, new calipers, rotors, pads, hardware, lines and studs... So it kinda makes me mad... im gonna hafta do a inspection anyways so ill clean em out with hot water when i do it.. Thanks for your help..

4. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

they should be fine after a good cleaning