Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud remover?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by johnnieg, Oct 7, 2004.

1. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

What works well to remove mud? I just spent $10 to get it all off the body, but it is still caked to the wheelwells and undercarrage. what do you guys reccomend?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Lots and lots of hot water, followed by soap, and more hot water.

My mom hates it when I disconnect the washing machine and run the hose outside. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

Get the biggest pressure washer you can find. Or even better use the fire hydrant.

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i go to the car wash, and hose it down with that cheap degreaser they have there, then i spray it with the soap setting....spray, spray, spray, spray, then i go for a drive, let some fall off....ect...then go back, spray spray spray spray spray, and drive it normally for a few days then wash it again and wax

lol

i have mud coming out of my wheels...i learned reeel quick not to polish the truck for a few days and a few washes after a dip in the mud

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I usually park my truck in the yard and set a sprinkler under it, then leave it for an hour or so. It wont get everything off but it will make dried mud soft again so it comes off easier.

Sorry but their is no magic mud remover, your going to have to work and get dirty if you want it gone. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Try PAM the next time before you go wheeling. Stay away from the butta flavor. Mud just washes right off!

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

see thats why government officials don't like us, drive around covering the road in mud will do that to them.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    see thats why government officials don't like us, drive around covering the road in mud will do that to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this government official's government car is currently covered in mud /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

they really dont like it when you hit hardtop in 2nd spinning the wheels with a mud rooster tail behind you

oops

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I've owned my 74 K20 for 15 years,there is still mud on the firewall from the previous owners last mud bogging trip----I washed it about ten times at the car wash,used oven cleaner,castrol super clean,laundry detergent--I gave up--even ten years of being driven in the rain and parked outdoors wont remove it all.Maybe a wire brush and lots of scrubbing would have worked,but I'm not that fussy about its looks--the mud did make it rot out fast though--thats one way to get it off,remove the body panels with the mud still attached-- /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif.I've read in offroad magazines that linseed oil works well to keep mud from sticking,but first you have to get all the mud off!. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifThe mud we have here has lots of clay in it--it hardens like concrete,you have to hit it with a hammer to bust it off the truck--and it laughs at the water you spray on it,no matter how hot or high the pressure is--its almost permanent!. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

11. k5blaz

k5blaz Registered Member

pookster is definitly right about the pam woorks good. but something I like better is after you get all the mud off goto honda motercycle shop and get a can of honda polish it's good stuff I use it under my k5 and all over my quads. mud washes right off and is killer detailer . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Spray you inner fenderwells with Armorall. ONLY if it's going to be muddy and not dry dirt!!! When you get ready to wash it,it will come right off. There is some stuff out there in the ATV market called Mud Guard and that's what it is designed for.

13. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

In Missouri we use a gallon of diesel and a quart of oil BEFORE we mud; spray it on when it the mud dries it falls off, leaving little to powerwash off

14. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah I have used pam before, but for the body I use an old piece of carpet about 4x6 and it works pretty well for that black gumbo we have here in Texas.

Remington

15. dcell152

dcell152 Registered Member

If you go to your local agarcutral spay suplier. The place the farmers get their pestisdes. Ask for a gallon of anti foam. You can usuly get it for free! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif use a small pump sprayer and coat evey wher that will get muddy. Works great. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif