Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud Run in Beaufort,SC

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by trollporter, Feb 29, 2004.

1. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

There will be a Mud Run @ the Low Country Swampers Pit in Beaufort,SC on Sunday March 14th Gates open @ 10:00 & Racing starts @ 1:00. I know that you Red Neck Racing guys know where it is so bring the whole fam damily out and any other clubs. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I think I'd like to check that out!
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but is this one of those gay ass mud drags or is it a true mud run? Either way I'll still try to make it... Where can I get some more info on this thing? I have no clue where the Low Country Swampers Pit is.
    If it is a mud BOG, I might try to run /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. trollporter

No this is not a gay ass dirt drag. This is a actual pit with actual mud. There has been alot of Charleston Redneck Racing guys there in the past so you can ask them if they thought it was gay or not. Here are the directions from Charleston to the Lowcountry Swampers Pit (Seabrook). Get on Hwy.17 and head South until you come to Gardens Corner where Hwy.17 and Hwy.21 intersect. Turn left and head towards Beaufort. Go about 4 or 5 miles and you will start seeing signs for the race. Follow them to Detour Road and the pit is about a 1/4 mile on the right after the curve. We hold races there 4 or 5 times a year and when there is not a race there there is may be one in Yemmassee or Hampton (all pits). So I'll kept you posted on when they are.

4. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks for the info... I was begining to think there weren't any REAL mud runs anymore. I'll definitely try to make that one....

5. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Any contact for info on running in the mud run?

6. trollporter

You can contact either Don Willard (Pres.)@ 1-843-522-9327 or Ron (Vice Pres.)@ 1-843-986-9178.
    $5 @ Gate
    $5 Line Parking
    $20 Entry Fee to Race
    $10 Second Run
    Gates open @ 10:00
    Racing starts @ 1:00
    Pull points front and rear
    Classes:Unlimited (Nitrous and Unstreetable Trucks)
    44's and down
    38's and down
    33's and down
    Trophies and/or Cash for 1st,2nd,3rd in all classes.
    If you talk to Ron or Don let them know that Troy gave you the info. I wish that I could be @ the first run of the year to meet a fellow CK5 member but I've got to be @ a FALKIN wedding in Jacksonville, FLA. O'well maybe they'll have free liquor.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif