Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mud runs this winter? when and where?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, Oct 6, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

who knows when and where the runs are this winter?
    everyone just hitting TSF?

I'm trying to get everything squared away to be ready this winter to go tear some [darn] up... I mean tread lightly (violently??) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

dont let the enviro nazis catch ya /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

since It's gonna roll the first time out I kinda want to go in some deep soft mud or sand, I'd hate to do it in the rocks the first time out. need a spot where my burb and trailer can tow the POS home afterwards,LOL

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Bunker Hill and that area is a good area to hit, around new years though it is realy nasty. By then everyone with 44's have hogged it all out.
    Most likely once it starts to rain for the rest of the year that place in St. Helens will be having runs up there.

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Bunker Hill and that area is a good area to hit

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is that at? I'd like to learn some new areas this year. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

6. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

Is that place in St Helens the place with the deep water holes? I think I have been there several years ago if its the same place. Use to do the day after thanksgiving run there /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Bunker hill is in the Scappoose area.
    I'm not sure how long the one guy has been doing that.

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Can anyone tell me how to get there? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

9. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Hwy 30 West to Scappoose. From your place take I5 south and go over the Freemont bridge, take the St. Helens Hwy 30 West exit and head for Scappoose about 15 miles.
    It would be much easier to show a way in and out than try to describe how to get around up there.
    I'll see if Kevin want's to head up there and let ya know.

10. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

That was prolly Bunker hill or Redcut, by late November it is pretty sloppy, Darrin at work has a vidio of his 72 K5 on 39.5's rolling through one hole up to the headlights /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That would be /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

I have a video from that thanksgiving run. This one guy had a orange 2nd gen K5 who would spend like 20 minutes just f-ing around in holes where other trucks could barely make it through. he only had like 35 or 36" tires but was locked front and rear. he didn't make it much further though. I think he got lots of water in his gas tank somehow. Had to be towed back with his brothers 1st gen k5. Which was an awesome sight. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    he only had like 35 or 36" tires but was locked front and rear

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, locked up makes all the difference. I can't wait till I get a locker for the front! I'm gonna have to though... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I think he got lots of water in his gas tank somehow

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I did that once. I was sloshing around in a little mudhole and got stuck. The rear of the truck was under water just above the gas cap. Apparently I was stuck a little too long and the rubber gasket on the cap was a little too wore out! I had to drop the tank and empty it out when I got home. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It'd be cool to see the video though!

14. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

If i wasn't so lazy i could get a copy made. the quality already sucks so I don't know what any more duplication would do to it. And this 12 year old kid was narrating it which is either hilarious or annoying I'm not sure which.

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And this 12 year old kid was narrating it which is either hilarious or annoying I'm not sure which.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif