Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mud Sucks! and i almost got decapatated

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Jun 15, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

video #1 is me and another truck trying to pull out a stuck blazer, then the rope brakes, and comes flying into my tailgate denting it pretty good, flying over my top, and wraping back under the trucks rear axle, talk about force!
    Video1

Video 2 is me playing in the mud a little bit, then loosing my momentum, getting stuck, and for the next 2 hours trying everything possible to get out... lol I HATE MUD, but enjoy my misfortune
    Video #2

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

YUP, a stuck truck fest, glad i don't do the mud crap, that would get really old really fast with all those stuck trucks.

Glad you didn't ruin it with music though, i personally like to hear the trucks do their thing.

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I like the videos Brandon,id like to see more.Jake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

i use to live in indiana where we did alot of mudding . but here in arizona we have rocks and dirt.

cool movies /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

damn Id woulda shat myself if that would have happen and was that 4 trucks pullin on you

6. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

A couple of things,

That last tan pickup that helped you get out. Was he hooked to the hitch ball? The video wasn't too clear so I can't tell for sure. But if you think thatthe rope made a big dent your tailgate? Imagine what a steel ball would do to you. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif FYI

Second is the last time I was stuck like that, the thing that worked the best was to have a truck constantly pulling while another one made jerks, this way the stuck truck never gets a chance to settle back down into the same suction and you can make it out easier. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

I need to get out there again with you guys. It's been a while since i have been there. I miss it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. 89fullsiz

89fullsiz Registered Member

MY GOD that is insane! I like mud but not THAT much mud!!

8. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

nova: there is some mud in Arizona, you just have to look a little harder to find it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Like the videos dude. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I'd just like to bring up an interesting quote I heard the other day "No way I'm not going in the mud today" now I can't remeber who said it but I know I heard it somewhere. Just giving you a hard time Brandon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll tell you what I'll give it my all next time to be the person who gets stuck good and you can stand on the side and watch. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

That's a cool video. You were dug in deeper than an Alabama tic. What'd it take 3 or 4 trucks. I got stuck in sand once and it took 3 trucks at a long distance just like that.

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Looks like some deep, gooey stuff. Nice videos /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

took 3 trucks to get me out,
    and esteban, that "tan" truck was actually green, and no it wasnt a ball, it was the clapmy kind of connecter, the kind i think big rigs use for the multiple trailers, i dont know the name of it though.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Pintle? I hate mud also...it gives me the willies!

14. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

In the first video, what kind of strap/straps did you use, because that truck truck looked like it was way out there.

The second video, I think that is apart of being a mudder. The thrill of, "My truck is buried, its never comin out" and then the moment of relief and joy when your rig is out. You live for that moment, or when you make it through where the other guy got stuck.

That is why man created Suburbans, to yank da strap! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif----^---- /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Seemed like that one truck had trouble pulling the strap itself hooked to your rig, and then the other trucks helped pull you out.

15. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Pintle? I hate mud also...it gives me the willies!

[/ QUOTE ]
    pintle yeah thats it, thanks

16. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

good video /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif That was a fun day ready to do it again? Man I didn't do all that much mud that day but sure took me an hour and a half to get my sub some what clean again. The thing about that mud it's sandy mud with rocks and dryes up like concrete and it's very hard to wash out. I was there a couple of months ago after it rained and was a nightmere the mud pit was twice the size that day everybody left and right was getting stuck. so don't fell bad.

17. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Looks fun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I love mud.

18. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That was a fun day ready to do it again? Man I didn't do all that much mud that day but sure took me an hour and a half to get some what clean again.

[/ QUOTE ]
    lol me too I never hit the deep stuff and just went through the river a couple times and it took about an hour and a half to get the inside and outside clean. but definitly worth the fun.

19. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

clean? whats that? i just left the mud on my truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear it was a pintle and not the ball. I've heard too many horror stories about those balls flying threw the air.

I usually drive threw the river a few times before I leave to get some mud off but it's always a few hour ordeal to get all the mud off. Just like Brandon said. I just leave it on now. Unless I have to work on it. I hate mud falling in my face when i am under the truck /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif